Friday, January 3, 2014

Jörg Sprave's 58-lb Sling-bow

h/t to Knowledge Weighs Nothing.

The Mighty Herr Sprave demonstrates his almost-perfected Rambone slingshot modified to shoot arrows.  A 58-lb draw weight on such a compact system is quite impressive.

I like bows for preppers because they are quiet.  I usually hunt with my old Bear compound.  I'm working on a couple of small primitive bows, just to play with.  Archery equipment, even with a take-down recurve, is fairly bulky.  Jörg's compact delivery system eliminates a lot of the bulk and weight.  You still have to deal with arrows.  As the KWN guy points out, you could carry just heads and fletching and make arrows.  I think I'd want at least three or four ready to use, though.

It's just plain cool.


3 comments:

  1. That's pretty nice. I'd add a take-down forearm support, like the wrist rocket has, cuz, unlike Jörg, I ain't built like a panzer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a hoss. I'm glad he's jolly,and I wouldn't want to make him unjolly.

    I guess there are even some US municipalities where a forearm brace is verboten. Fortunately they haven't gotten around to an assault bean-flipper ban here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mighty Herr Sprave demonstrates his almost-perfected Rambone slingshot modified to shoot arrows. A 58-lb draw weight on such a ... slingshotbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete