Thursday, January 10, 2013

Throw Down Your Arms

OK, this is horrific and not funny at all.

A man up in Kirksville, MO, murdered and dismembered his elderly neighbor:

Adair County Prosecuting Attorney Matt Wilson would not say where Paul R. Potter, 49, is being held. Potter was arrested after allegedly murdering a man and then dismembering his victim’s body, throwing human arms at witnesses near his residence on Valley Forge Drive. Potter is also accused of setting fire to a nearby car and to a pair of apartments in an apparent attempt to divert attention from the crime.

~
~
“That’s when I noticed the object he threw were arms,” Mudd said. “It was awful. It was like something out of a horror movie, only it was real.”

Neighbors say they never suspected Potter could be capable of such violent behavior.

It might be interesting to check out Potter's medicine chest.  I would place a small bet that he was on some sort of psychiatric medication.  If I had to guess, I'd say he has been diagnosed as bipolar -- not because people with bipolar disorder are dangerous.  It's just a very common diagnosis these days.



Did he kill an unarmed man?

Or did he unarm a killed man?

The neighbors were all surprised.  Potter got along well with everybody.  In fact, they said, he was disarming.


UPDATE:  All joking aside, Denninger has a worthwhile read about drugs, mental health, and the connection to violence.  

5 comments:

  1. He may be protected under the 2nd Ammendment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Not only did he murder the poor man, he denied him his right to keep bare arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I end up going to hell and the Lord brings up this post as one of the reasons, I won't argue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look me up when you get there. I'll be in the "Eternal Post Hole Digging" section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody has to fence the place. I've set posts in solid rock a few places around here. I guess setting them hot lava might be worse.

    ReplyDelete