Friday, January 18, 2013

Kyle Bass and a Japanese Collapse

Business Insider report his timeframe is 18-24 months out. 

I don't know.  The Japanese PM Abe is committed to devaluing the yen to boast exports.  It's at 90-something on the dollar today. 

I may have to buy a Yamaha or a KLR  -- just to help those guys out.  If Yamaha would ship their SR400 I saw on Cycle World a while back to the U.S. ...

BI is kind of mocking Bass as a long-time Japan bear.  I suppose it would be inconsiderate to point out that Japan has slipped below China as an economic power.

Gonzalo Lira gives some more background from a few days ago.   

2 comments:

  1. Nice retro looking bike thar. Reminds me of an early 70s Yamaha twin converted to a cafe Racer they were selling at

    Velocity Vintage Motorcycles in Richmond.
    Since we are talking about retro cycles, well sort of, before Christmas my wife got a hankering for a Ural with a sidecar. She wanted a vehicle for puttering about the farm and, well, URAL! (don't try to reason it out.) It needs some work but it's now parked in the sheep shed. Details soon forthcoming in a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking forward to that one. The Ural makes perfect sense as a puttering around vehicle. It's will be a nice back-up in the case of an EMP blast or something. Might even survive a direct hit.

    The 400 looks like the 500 I bought in '78, except mine was black. I commuted on it for years -- it was the most reliable vehicle I had back in those days. Kickstart only. Probably why I've lived this long. I've scraped the pegs in corners many times.

    ReplyDelete