Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Projectiles, Powder, Primers

Two out of three -- it isn't too bad.  I have 200 180-grain .44 bullets on their way, to go with the 240-grain ones I usually use; they should probably arrive today or tomorrow.  Next week I'll get 200 .30-caliber bullets, and another toy that I'll review here once I have it up and working. 

I found a box of large rifle primers and a box of large pistol primers yesterday -- 1000 each to add to my stockpile.  Not counting my loaded ammunition, I think I'm somewhere around 3000 plus the small rifle and small pistol primers -- probably another 500 each.  I have lots and lots of .22-caliber bullets, and I have quite a bit of pistol powder, but I am virtually out of rifle powder and none to be found.  I realized I was running low when I finished loading up some rifle rounds over the weekend and started looking for my "other" can of powder.  I guess I was using it.  

I hate to pay the hazmat premium to have it shipped, so I'll keep looking.


I spent fifteen minutes or more on hold when I called Midway today.  That has never happened before.  Some stuff I intended to order was sold out.  They are selling out of paracord.  How can that be?

You really would think people are preparing for an apocalypse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment