Monday, January 14, 2013

Dave Ramsey Replaced by Replicant

This has nothing to do with prudence or preps, exactly.  I just want you to be aware that Dave Ramsey may have been abducted by aliens and replaced with a replicant. 

The other day I happened to be in the kitchen when my wife was listening to Dave.  He said he had been watching "Downton Abbey".  Apparently he really likes this show which he watches with his wife.  So I thought if Dave, a sensible man most of the time, likes it, it might be all right.  I happened to watch some of "Nova" on PBS about the Neanderthals (which you should pronounce Nee-ander-TALL, if you are a hipster).  This was followed by "Downton Abbey".  Instead of getting up and running from the room because the Jeep needed an emergency re-priming, I stayed to watch with my wife. 

OK, folks, this is "Dallas" with funny accents.  I was expecting some really deep literary masterpiece.  This is "As the World Turns" with a better set and better lights.  This is cheap and easy schlock.  The closest thing to a clever reference was attributing "Be Prepared" to Baden-Powell which went completely over my wife's head.  A few of the exchanges between the servants were humorous, but mostly it strikes me as no more entertaining than the average sitcom.  The cars, though, are beautiful, and I recognized Elizabeth McGovern.  Still ...

... don't follow the lights. 

You may wind up with a sheep's brain. 

Like Dave.   

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not following that one but when I do watch such shows, I do enjoy the cars. Also, I realy like the masonry houses, walls, fences, stables. And, of course, the countryside. Lovely place, that England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. I'm always impressed by the stone work as well, and they have some great looking horses, too. One of the coaches in the show last night was being drawn by a beautiful pair of black horses, trim but powerful.

    The scenery is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want anybody to misunderstand, I'm mainly joking, but all the talk had me expecting Dickens or Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete