Thursday, July 25, 2013

Why I May Never Vote Republican Again

From Zero Hedge comes the list of people who voted against restricting the NSA data collection on American citizens

This is a violation of the Fourth Amendment.  This is a police state tactic.  This is totalitarian.  This needs to stop. 

Billy Long, Vicki Hartzler, and Blaine Luetkemeyer are names I recognize immediately.  These are three Republicans from Missouri -- Long of the 7th District, Hartzler from the 4th and Luetkemeyer from the 3rd.  The 7th has not elected a Democrat as long as I can remember and for many years the 7th District Congressman was the only Republican in the Missouri delegation.  Hartzler replaced long-time "blue dog" Democrat Ike Skelton in 2010.  Luetkemeyer's 3rd district used to be the 9th which has been in Republican hands since Kenny Hulshof unseated friend-of-the-NRA and Democrat Harold Volkmer in '94 or '96. 

These three "conservatives" were part of the 134 Republicans and 83 Democrats who voted against the Amash-Conyers Amendment.  Apparently because, according to another Republican traitor, Michele Bachmann, telephone records are not private property. 

Ninety-four Republicans and 111 Democrats voted for the restriction.  Looks like Ann Wagner and Sam Graves of Missouri were also Republicans on the wrong side, along with Bachmann and former VP candidate Paul Ryan.

Three Missourians did vote for the Amash Amendment, including the despicable Emanuel Cleaver (D) of the 5th District in KC, proving that nobody born in Waxahachie can be all bad.  William Lacy Clay (D) of St. Louis' 1st District and Jason Smith -- a Republican -- of the 8th District also voted in favor. 

It is time to stop government collection of data on law-abiding Americans and to destroy all existing databases containing information collected to this point. 

Don't tell me if I have done nothing wrong I have nothing to fear.  This has nothing to do with protecting people from terrorist attacks or solving crimes.  This kind of data is for control and manipulation of the populace.  You want a term to explain this?  I got one for you -- Sheep-Herding.  That's exactly why this data is being collected, and Mr. or Ms. Conservative Congressman, if you are too stupid to understand this, you have no business representing me. 

2 comments:

  1. My congressman let me down. I'm going to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will contact mine and tell them that I will be voting for the Libertarian in 2014.

    ReplyDelete