Monday, March 4, 2013

Homeland Security is Making Me Feel Insecure

This is reported on Gateway Pundit:  DHS is purchasing 2700 Light-Armored Vehicles

I am going to be perfectly honest.  I doubt the veracity of this story.  DHS is a the freaking Gestapo, but I cannot imagine the department justifying the purchase of mine-resistant vehicles.  So until I see something not from a blog and not based on something from a blog, I'm going to assume someone got their wires crossed.

I would be less skeptical if the number were 27 or even 270, not 2700.  That's just too much.  That's warfare.

Maybe I am too optimistic.  Maybe I doubt that they can afford to buy and outfit 2700 street sweepers.  If they can and have, we can easily cut billions from the DHS budget and reduce the deficit.

But check the wheelbase length and weight on those babies and dig your trenches accordingly.  It doesn't hurt to be a little ahead of the curve.

4 comments:

  1. Making some inquiries in the non-blogosphere world. Some staffers in various places are trying to confirm/deny this report.

    Will let you know if I find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it, Justin. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to my extensive research (Wikipedia):

    There are 3,033 organized county or county-equivalent governments in the United States according to 2007 Census of Governments.

    That's almost one per county. I'm curious as to what Justin finds out. But all this news is making me twitchy. We do have an armored State Trooper mobile in our very rural county, but it might have something to do with the two prisons here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you could have a prison riot that needed an APC, but we just went out with our pencils: "Don't make me write you up." Of course, from a good percentage of the guards, writing was a last resort. We did get to bust a few heads at a Chuck Berry concert once. Girl backup singers in the open at a men's prison -- who would think that would cause a problem?

    ReplyDelete