Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sandy Hook DA Doesn't Want Warrants Unsealed

Wait.  What?

Via Digital Journal:  Connecticut State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky has argued that unsealing warrants in the Sandy Hook case might "seriously jeopardize" the investigation by disclosing information known only to other "potential suspects."


I have to think this is some sort of standard procedure involving boilerplate legal-ese, because it makes no sense at all to me.

... neither Vance nor the CT Attorney General's office have ever ruled out the possible presence of other suspects. The New Haven Register reports Vance as having said: "Whenever you conduct an investigation you don’t speculate as to where it’s going to take you, as I said, we’re going to look at every single thing, every piece of material and we’ll take it from there." 

Must just be a slow time of year for the AG up there in Connecticut.

There was initially a lot of conflicting information before the politicians -- specifically the Feckless Leader -- started making the whole thing about "assault rifles".  There was talk of a second shooter, possibly.  There is a video of the local police chief saying that the punk had used only handguns -- either two or four.  Then the focus changed and all we heard about was the Bushmaster.

I don't know.  Actually I do know.  I don't trust anything the media reports or that the government says or does.  It's the mental nuclear option -- the only way to be sure. 

And one more thought while I'm at it, as much as I think the AG is probably just taking his time with a very high-profile case, I still wonder about what kinds of drugs the punk might have been using -- prescription or otherwise.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's very weird.

    I don't know. Actually I do know. I don't trust anything the media reports or that the government says or does. It's the mental nuclear option -- the only way to be sure.

    I suppose it has come to this. I was thinking along those same lines just these last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we are alone. Trust in government is dropping like a rock, but the media has hit the bottom. The good thing for them is that most people either aren't paying attention or are too dazed and confused to care -- like that American Digest comparison of Orwell and Huxley.

    ReplyDelete