Monday, May 9, 2016

Health Threats

Denninger talks about medical "mistakes" killing a quarter million Americans annually.


That is like nine or ten times the homicide rate.  This is not to mention the hundreds of thousands that die from listening to doctors' advice about diet, exercise, and medication.  

Got Type II diabetes?  My late wife had one of the best endocrinologist in the country.  He, like her, was a Type I.  He was a good man and a good doctor.  Yet his office was filled with Type IIs, nearly all were overweight and many of whom were crippled from amputations because they were being told to eat a low-fat, high-carb diet.  My wife's aunt and cousin both suffered amputations and both were Type IIs.  They took their prescribed, state-of-the-art meds and followed a strict diet and got worse and worse.  

Most doctors mean well.  If something is bleeding and won't stop or actually broken, I have no problem going to the doctor.  Without doctors, I would have bled to death forty-six years ago.  I owe my life and my sight to skilled surgeons with the latest technology, including antibiotics.  Still, doctors are human, and pharmaceutical companies want to make money.

1 comment:

  1. We are subject to human frailty, mistakes and even at times malevolence at every turn. We are sheep in need of a shepherd.

    ReplyDelete