Thursday, October 9, 2014

Guess Who Gets To Pay

... the estimated half a million dollars it has cost to care for the self-centered idiot who brought Ebola to North America.

We will pay for it in taxes, in the deficit, in inflation, in increased insurance premiums.  It takes almost no time at all in an intensive care unit with a ventilator to run up big money.  I know all too well.  The hospital doesn't eat those costs.  Obamacare isn't going to fix it. 

This is one patient.  There may be another already sick in Dallas. 

Ebola will be expensive not only in terms of human suffering but in dollars.  We cannot save the world, but we can do our best to keep this plague out of the United States. 

2 comments:

  1. Figures. Really, this Ebola problem is just showcasing us our governmental incompetence in just about everything. And there is no fixing the system as far as I can tell.

    I'm just watching the show in morbid fascination.

    Here's my prediction, based on human nature. Nigeria has ebola, they are just lying about it. I figure we will find out the truth in a month. So, I'll wager one virtural, monetary unit that I'm right. Oh, and Ivory Coast? No Cases? I don't believe it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid you are right. Sweeping Africa is entirely possible.

    I was thinking about that a night or two ago. I used to say that the federal government was pretty good at building a military. I think I was overly optimistic -- especially in terms of return on investment.

    They can't do anything right.

    ReplyDelete