Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fight Back. You Might Win.

Via Breitbart, a 56-year-old Indian woman killed a leopard that attacked her

The woman had gone to draw some water.  When the leopard decided to make a meal of her, Kamla Devi decided it was not her day to die.  She had an axe and a sickle against the leopard's fangs, claws, speed, and strength:

"At first, I was terrified,” she said. “But, then I gathered my courage to fight back. I promised myself that this is not my last day here.”
"I fought head on with it for almost half an hour. Then I came to know it was dead," she said.
By the way, the first embedded link from Breitbart goes to a Hindustan Times article that relates Kamla Devi's story as well as that of a boy who took on a leopard barehanded to save his younger sister. None of these people came away unscathed, but they survived.

If you can get away, get away.  If you can't, give it your best shot.  We didn't get to the top of the food chain by being passive, and we were killing top predators and one another long before we had thundersticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment