Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Missouri August 5th Ballot Initiatives -- Amendment No. 9

Part Five in a series.  Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4.

Electronic security.



Constitutional Amendment No. 9
Proposed by the 97th General Assembly (Second Regular Session)
SCS SJR No. 27
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended so that the people shall be secure in their electronic communications and data from unreasonable searches and seizures as they are now likewise secure in their persons, homes, papers and effects?

State and local governmental entities expect no significant costs or savings.
[  ]  Yes
[  ]  No


I am voting YES on Amendment 9.

Like Amendment 5, this should not be necessary.  It is common sense that digital or electronic storage is of the same nature as any other information.  Doesn't "effects" cover it?  It is my possession, therefore it is private. I don't care if I carve my SSN on a rock I carry in my pocket or if I keep it on my smart phone (Hint:  The rock is more secure.), it is no one else's business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment