Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Joni Ernst Appalled by Her Husband's Honesty

Joni Ernst is the Republican candidate for the open Senate seat in Iowa.  She had made some political hay out of her Democrat opponent's allegedly "sexist" remarks about her, so it's more than a little amusing that her husband is in trouble for some questionable Fakebook postings about prominent womyns.


The New 2014 Rule #1 -- If your wife is running for Senate, especially if she is a Republican, stay off Fakebook. 

This replaces 2012's Rule #1 which was, if you are a male Republican candidate for the Senate never ever say anything about rape.  Say you are pro-life and then SHUT UP!

Mr. Ernst called Hillary Clinton a "Lying hag" and "more of a hag" as compared to when she was First Enabler back in the '90s.  I don't know if she is "more of a hag", certainly she's an even uglier hag than she used to be.  Otherwise, I'm finding it difficult to disagree.

Ernst was upset by the ammunition shortage (this guy is a kindred spirit) and blamed former DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, calling her a "Traitorous skank!"  His wife, candidate Joni said:

"I'm appalled by my husband's remarks," said Joni Ernst, a state senator from Red Oak who beat four other Republicans last week to become the GOP nominee for Iowa's open U.S. Senate seat. "They are uncalled for and clearly inappropriate. I've addressed this issue with my husband and that's between us."

I'm appalled, too.  Traitorous skank is clearly inappropriate.  Janet is a traitorous bull-dyke.  Skank has a whole other connotation.

Anyway, because I would like to see Harry Reid lose control of the Senate as he has already lost control of his mind, I suppose I have to root for Ernst to win the slot formerly held by a Democrat.  There is a part of me that says if she is willing to turn on her husband -- yes, it was stupid -- publicly like that I can't really trust her to stand up for the truth.  I'm sure she would be better than Democrat Braley.  Once more, I am glad I don't live in Iowa. 

All this from Des Moines Register reporter, Jennifer Jacobs..

2 comments:

  1. Mark Twain quote - It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should have just posted cat pictures like everybody else. (I only know about Facebook secondhand, mostly from my sweet and lovely daughter-in-law. I have it blocked on my router in case I go into a cyber fugue state some night.)

    ReplyDelete