Monday, October 28, 2013

One More Reason To Hate Fascists

Who killed one of the great American automobile name plates?  The Feds told GM to drop Pontiac or they would receive no bail-out money. 

I'm not sure who I hate more:  the fascist government despots who demanded the death of Pontiac for the sake of the UAW pension funds or the cowards at GM who acquiesced like good little corporate fascists.  They were talking an all rear-wheel drive Pontiac line-up -- a new generation of high-performance, high-efficiency, affordable muscle cars.  Would there not have been a new Trans Am to complement the Camaro at some point?  I loved my Pontiacs.  I loved my Silverado.  I'll never drive another one. 

I sincerely hope that General Motors goes belly up and that all the people who were involved in the death of Pontiac, especially the UAW leadership, end up unemployed and having to ride the bus. 

2 comments:

  1. They were talking an all rear-wheel drive Pontiac line-up -- a new generation of high-performance, high-efficiency, affordable muscle cars.

    I'm going to assume that the demographic this appeals to aren't big Democrat voters.

    We had a couple of those giant Catalina station wagons when I was growing up. I was the youngest so I was to banished to the way-back behind the seats.

    The GTO was one of the first cars I could identify. That and the Stingray. (early 60s)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GTO's had that distinctive front end. I had one brother-in-law who drove Pontiacs and one who loved his Olds Rocket 88.

    ReplyDelete