Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ammo Shortage

In case you didn't see it in the sidebar, John Richardson of NLOGAM gives us some information on the ammunition choke-point.

It's brass.  When you think about it, that makes a lot of sense.  Shotgun shells -- mostly plastic, have not been a problem.  I was able to stock up on primers, powder, and bullets in the worst of it. 

Pistol ammunition seems to be coming back first in my area.

By the way, I never bought anything from Cheaper Than Dirt.  After this I never will.  They have boosted the price on .22LR/.22WMR eight to ten times the price it was before the first of the year.  I understand supply and demand.  I'm all for a free market and people being allowed to charge and pay whatever they will.  CTD can charge what they like, and more power to them if they get it.  They won't get it from me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing the price of dirt has spiked.

    $11 for a box of 50 at the local Southern States. It can sit there.

    ReplyDelete