Monday, May 6, 2013

Know Your Enemy

I don't know much about Angry White Dude.  I followed the link from Gerard.

AWD says:  Liberal whites are our enemy. Period. Everything else is a mop-up job.

Government spendingI disagree.  My enemy is anyone who seeks to sustain government and certainly anyone who seeks to expand government.  This includes many, many conservatives, including Christians and social conservatives.  If one cannot understand that government is anathema to personal and individual liberty, one is at best not too bright.  At worst, such a person is evil. 

I am not an anarchist.  I understand some government is necessary, but it is much, much less than we have today.  I also know that good, moral Christian people need almost no government.  The more genuinely Christian one is, the less government one needs.  Most laws become superfluous to Christians because we are trying to please God.  Man should have no complaint about us at all.       

He goes on to say: 

We must learn to lie. We must learn to deceive. We must learn to hate. We must learn to destroy.
We must improve our finances. We must get better educated. We must relentlessly pursue power.
This comes awfully close to being -- to use a hillbilly term-of-art, bullshit.  I don't want power over anyone except myself.  I have no trouble destroying something that needs to be destroyed, whether it's a rabid skunk or a revenoor -- but I repeat myself. 



I think the system will destroy itself.  It is unsustainable.  I would suggest that a better approach would be to focus on low-level, local community-building.  The central powers have limited resources.  It looks big when it is concentrated, but if there are thousands of Concords and Lexingtons across this nation, the central forces will be overwhelmed.  Get your pastor involved.  Or, if you are a pastor, get your congregation involved.  Give up your tax-exempt status if you have to.  Pull in the VFW or the Knights of Columbus, the Lions Club or the board of aldermen or your county commissioners, and especially your county sheriff.  If we can get upstanding citizens in a community to back one another, the Feds can go pound sand in places like Boston where they seem to like being slaves. 

It is not wrong to lie to protect the innocent -- as people may have lied to the Nazis to Jews.  Nobody needs to learn to lie -- it usually comes pretty naturally.  Most of all, we don't need to encourage "our" politicians to lie in order to be elected.  People who lie for selfish gain cannot be trusted.  I don't care which side of the political spectrum they are on.  

I understand the point AWD is making, and I'm not unsympathetic.  I just think we have to be careful.  Becoming the enemy is not a particularly good tactic. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Becoming the enemy is not a particularly good tactic.

    Agreed. We have to fight without losing the moral high ground. Does make it harder though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to resist evil, but like Romans 12 says, overcome it with good.

    ReplyDelete