Monday, June 20, 2011

Fear, Uncertainty, and Debt

Monty Pelerin decided to give us 29 reasons to be angry or scared. Also posted over at American Thinker.

I agree with everything Mr. Pelerin says, but I'm not really angry -- most of the time. Being scared is counterproductive.

I think his comment about China is especially insightful. We are not getting the full story out of China. I have known Chinese dissidents -- one of whom died quite suddenly and mysteriously in Dallas just after the Tiananmen Square protests which he had supported. I also know from talking with Chinese co-workers that Christianity is a strong and growing movement in China. China is much more volatile than their government or ours is willing to admit.

These are interesting times. Keep your powder dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment