Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What We Owe the Government

Nothing.

Kurt Schlichter explains it pretty well:

It is high time to declare our personal independence from any remnant of obligation to those who have spit upon the rule of law. We owe them nothing - not respect, not loyalty, not obedience.
He then explains, much as I did yesterday, why:

The idea of the rule of law today is a lie. There is no law. There is no justice. There are only lies. ... Only power matters ... 

Schlichter is angry and speaking the truth in the article at Townhall.  By all means, read it.

The trouble is that I am afraid Schlichter and those like him will change their tune if they were to get their kind of elitist elected.  Then everything would be hunky-dory, and we should be obedient little peons because the rule of law matters to "conservatives".

I could be wrong about Schlichter.  I certainly used to think that there were at least a few Republicans who were different.  I was wrong about that.

I will not encourage anyone to rebel or try to overthrow the federal government.  I will also not encourage anyone to break state or local laws.

Further, I will not encourage anyone to vote for any candidate for any federal office.

I will personally always obey all federal laws whenever I might get caught.

I do have a decal on my truck window that says, "I aim to misbehave",  and I am in the habit of doing as I please.   

2 comments:

  1. You raise an important question around the rule of law in liberal democracies / republics. When it is brought into disrepute by those whom we elect to uphold it, then it is unsurprising that the masses no longer feel obligated to conform.

    It is destructive beyond measure to have some politicians appear to be above the law when they should be the most careful to be seen to be governed by it.

    No wonder people all throughout the western world are voting for minor parties. More difficult for you in the USA of course, but if you look at the most recent Australian election this is exactly what has happened.

    Unfortunately there is no political solution for moral failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there is no political solution for moral failure.

    That is our problem.

    ReplyDelete