Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Variety of Pocket Knives

I will have some reviews of some "true" pocket knives I picked up during my absence.  One is the Buck stockman manufactured in the U.S., and another is a Victorinox Boy Scout Huntsman -- which is the same as the Fieldmaster -- as best I can tell -- except it has the Boy Scout emblem on it.  I'm kind of bummed with the Boy Scouts, but I bought the wrong one. 

I also picked up three of the Chinese Schrades -- now made by Taylor.  The Bruin lockback is a copy of a Utica-made Bruin I have had since before Schrade went toes-up here in the States.  It was interesting to me to see the differences.  The other two are interesting as well, for different reasons.  One is a small gunstock trapper with a single blade and brass linerlock.  It's actually a dandy little carry piece for the pocket of your dress pants or, in my case, pajamas or running shorts.  The other is a larger trapper called the Buzzsaw, which has a primary clip point blade and a secondary locking saw blade.  So now I have more knives and tools with saw blades than most sensible people have knives in their houses.

Anyway, I'll have to get out and do some testing with these, as yard work is starting to get underway, and begin reporting back on my findings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment