Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Note on Ammunition

Things seem to be looking better. 

Midway, as of yesterday, had Winchester .40 S&W 165-grain FMJ practice ammunition for $39.95 per 100, limit one box.  The price is higher than a few months ago, but I wouldn't call it gouging.  I bought 500 rounds of Aguila Interceptor .22LR ammunition for $61-something -- which is $6.xx for a box of 50.  Interceptor is the functional equivalent of my favorite CCI Velocitor ammo, and that's roughly the same amount I paid for 500 rounds of Velocitor I bought a year or so ago -- most of which I still have.  But that's beside the point. 

Just the idea that I could "restock" makes me feel better. 

As I have said before, I am a long-time Midway customer.  They are good, knowledgeable people and strong supporters of the NRA and the Second Amendment.  I get no kickbacks, breaks, or freebies for saying nice things about them, and if they ever do me wrong or turn on us the way CTD and Dick's did, I will tell that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment