Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Speaking of Being Hated by All the Right People

The first thing I saw this morning was that George H. W. Bush plans to vote for Clinton.  I suppose that is meant to be discouraging, but I noted John's comment on the previous post and realized why I was not terribly bothered.  I mean, after all, she is the next best thing to Jeb.

I try not to be anti-elite or anti-science, but it is getting harder.  Most of these people are really not that smart.  They have connections.  They speak well.  They have, through their connections, accumulated a lot of money, but, as Reagan once said, so much of what these people know is wrong.

I do worry about those Trump voters who think Cheeto-man is some kind of savior, and his election will usher in a newer, sleeker version of the 1950s.  They are mostly good people, and they, like me, are hated by the elites who have decided that the voters do not know what is good for them.

And that is what irritates me.  I do not care if a bureaucrat or an elected lawyer in Washington doesn't like what my neighbor does or what I do.  It is none of his or her business.  I don't care what the people in San Francisco, Chicago or New York think or do as long as they don't bother me.  I have no idea what it is like to live in those rat-infested hellholes, and I don't want to find out.  I would not presume to tell them how to live, and they should not presume to tell me.

They have no idea what it is like to live out here in the boonies.  They cannot imagine based on a trip through some tourist attractions.  I have a pretty good idea of what I don't know, which is a lot, and I am more than happy to stick to what I do know.  That's why I am a small 'l' libertarian.  Outside of family and close friends, no one knows what is best for an individual -- certainly not some government expert.

Now, old GWHB has every right to vote for Hillary Clinton and to be best buds with Slick Willy.  He even has a right to let that be known.  I am glad he did because the GOP that he represents needs to die.  

No comments:

Post a Comment