Friday, September 6, 2013

Fencing Fun

I've been back in the woods clearing out for a new fence.  The ground is a little steep in places. 



And there are a few rocks now and then.  Fortunately I'm on this side of the stream.  Last night I was just driving steel posts.  
The only problem is carrying them back there and remaining upright while I drive them (unrolling the barb wire is interesting, too).  The night before, I put in a cedar post so I had to set it.  I'll be doing the same tonight with a braced set coming to lower ground, but it will be flatter there. 

It's pretty hot work, but it's mostly in the shade, and it's scenic.  I'm not complaining.


They are just phone pictures, but you can click to see them bigger. 

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty back there. You going to get some cattle or are you just fencing your boundary because it's a good thing to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeding out a half-dozen or so calves between March and October would help keep the grass down. The spring is usually running some so I could put a small tank in and not have to carry water or let them at my fish pond. But that boundary needed to be fenced. I have let it go too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you how stupid I am. I bought a new pair of waterproof loggers specifically because I knew I'd need them putting this stretch in. They are now my motorcycle boots, and I'm crawling around in a worn-out pair of ten-year-old Durango pull-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it makes some sense, don't want to mess up your new boots.

    Prudence is: a cow in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete