Friday, March 30, 2012

Devils in Disguise

The lead bullet thing is coming up again.

John Richardson re-posts about a couple of bogus organizations that claim to be for hunters and gun owners but undermine our rights.

The attitude toward lead bullets is ridiculous, but the more general point is how many times the collectivists attempt to dilute opinions and confuse voters by setting up organizations like Project Gutpile or the American Hunters and Shooters Association or some other "sportsman's group" to fund ad time for their leftist candidates.  The AHSA, which I think is now gone under, may have been the group that ran a copious number of radio spots supporting Claire McCaskill back in 2006 which enabled her to stay within the margin in the rural areas and win the election. 

Just for the record, without this odious piece of crap in office, we would not have Obamacare at all.

The left must always disguise its intent.  It cannot openly and publicly state that it is for ever greater central government control of our lives.  Only in off-guard moments do we get the "bitter clingers" statements.  Most of the time, they hide their true agenda behind a smokescreen of propaganda and carefully chosen names.

In fairness, some of that happens on both sides. 
 
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.  (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)

I'm the kind of man wouldn't harm a mouse
But if I catch somebody breakin' in my house
I got a twelve-gauge shotgun a'waitin' on the other side.
Now don't go pushin' me against my will
I don't wanna have to fight ya but I darn shore will
If you don't want trouble then you better just pass me on by

-- "Simple Man", Charlie Daniels.

No comments:

Post a Comment